Tuesday, February 3, 2009

For you my sister!

You're no better than a racist joke
Or the abortion clinic down the street
You're no better than execution
You're the racist, I wished I'd never meet!
A mother's love is unconditional
But for some reason now it has rules
I'm actually quite discusted
Who did you think you'd fool?
Miss Holy of Holy, Miss Perfect
Puts a rating system on each sin
How many negative for being gay
On your system, only you win
Wait, wait what about murder
Now that's worth more points
How aobut sex before marriage
Or smoking a daily joint?
We all sin, don't you get it
But you don't get to choose
Which things are good sins, which are bad
Now you're going to lose
Not a game of counting points
A much bigger game to play
The game of losing your daughter
Who loses for being gay
Why hate those who only love
Why do you choose to hate
Why will you only support
Your daughter if she's straight
So disappointed I can not sleep
So sad you'll never change your mind
So upset to see my sister
Hurt by someone so blind
I dont think you realize
The capacity of your words
How the hell would you feel
if "I can't support you." Is what you heard?
Not from a friend, or co-worker
Not even a sister or brother
But from the woman who raised you
The one you call your mother.
I can't help but see you
In a different way for now
I see you as a racist
I just keep wondring how
How you can say you believe
How you can think you're right
How you can blame your daughter
And put your sins out of sight
You are a hypocrite
You need to find
You need to love
Before there's no time
You need to support
You must stop the hate
You need to love
Before it's too late
You need to get over it
You need to see
You need to love
And just let it be.....
Just let her be......
JUST LET THEM BE!

1 comment:

  1. This is just so timely! Even though it is a sad and angering moment, it can bring good. I am doing a little something of my own...for more details, read my Letters I&II posts...
    http://agaymansjourney.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete