Friday, January 9, 2009

I hurt for my daddy-o

No, I really did have a great week, just feeling a little down today. Maybe it's the crappy weather or maybe it's not.
I talked to my dad last night about spending the day with him tomorrow. He sounded excited about the visit, but he did not sound well. Okay, did you follow that? I guess I am just sad that he did not sound well and it's even harder having no clue what he's going through right now. I get scared everytime I get a phone call at an odd time from my mom, thinking for just a few seconds this phone call may be about my dad. I get scared everytime I hang-up the phone with him wondering if that just might be the last time I speak to him. And I'm even more scared that I may have to walk down the isle at my father's funeral knowing I was unable to fulfill his wishes of him walking me down the isle on my wedding day. It kills inside knowing that I just am not able to do that. I hurt for him, but even more I hurt for my future children who will never get the chance to know him.
I'm a Debbie Downer today, I guess. I hate this feeling and I hate more that I don't know how to get rid of it.
So please just take some time and say a little prayer for my "daddy-o". Pray for strength for him and pray that he is able to live happily for the rest of his days.

1 comment:

  1. Geezz...I think I have cried enough in the past few days now. I prayed, and always do. Day or night, you call me!!!

    ReplyDelete