Friday, February 6, 2009

I don't know how to feel...please tell me!

So...I watched "Prayers for Bobby" (I suggest you get a box of tissures before you watch it) and all the while I was watching a conversation ran through my head..." I can not support you if you choose to get married." echoed in my mind. Those exact words said by my mom to my siter. I can not comprehend how close-minded some people can be! I'm actually sick to my stomach thinking about those words. I had such an awesome conversation with my sister about it though. I am so glad that she is happy and realizes it is not her problem, it's my mom, or all those that are too blind and just are not knowledgeable enough about homosexuality. I really do not think I can hadle anymore crying! My heart hurts for those who are not accepted. My hear aches that there are so many people out there like Bobby...like Allison was...that are or would be outcast from their family, friends, jobs and most importantly the church. Do I think being gay is a sin? Absolutely not! What's the sin? Loving someone? Following their heart so that they finally can be happy. Most people only dream for such a life. I know I do! I hope I live to see the day what homosexuals are given the same rights as heterosexuals! I also hope to see the day that my mom says "sorry" for the pain she caused to my sister! But, if for some reason that day never comes...I know that I am glad that Allison is my sister, I'm proud of her and I will support her to the very end!
That's all for now...stay tuned for the next edition of "My mom is a moron" coming soon no doubt!

1 comment:

  1. Wow girl!!! I am impressed! You hit the thought on the head! I will tell you this movie has been a huge influence on me...I am turning a huge page in my life because of this movie. I think a whole new chapter is being written into my life. Seeing and hearing of young people, and people in general, that are in that same situation that Bobby and your sister were in, rips my heart to shreds. And I am think it is about time I do something to help them. This is a great encouragement!

    ReplyDelete